Price: NZ$ 525.00 (excludes GST)
Free shipping within NZ
An accurate, robust and easy-to-use rising plate pasture meter (platemeter) for measuring pasture cover in grass paddocks. The optional unique folding handle design and removable plate also make the Jenquip Manual Platemeter easy to transport, store and carry between paddocks.
The hand-calibrated aluminium plate produces highly repeatable results for accuracy that’s second only to cutting, drying and weighing pasture samples, a method that is impractical on-farm. The result is a series of accurate measurements of grass height that also accounts for any variation in pasture density.
Two simple counters total the meter readings taken and count the number of individual readings, allowing quick and easy calculation of an average reading for each paddock.
A comprehensive instruction handbook is included with each Manual Platemeter. In addition, All-weather notebooks, a carry bag, Pasture Management Software and Electronic Plate Counters are available separately as Optional Extras.
Instructions on how to convert rising plate pasture meter readings to pasture cover and pasture dry matter values can be found in the handbook or on the Feed Budget Cycle page.
Also available with electronic plate counters as the Jenquip Electronic Platemeters. The electronic plate counters can be purchased separately as upgrade kits for any existing Jenquip Platemeter.
- Accurate measurement — second only to cutting, drying and weighing pasture samples.
- Measurement range — 0-250mm of compressed pasture height (0-400mm with optional Extended Shaft).
- Simple to use — cumulative pasture counter automatically totals pasture height readings.
- Hand-calibrated — ensures readings taken by all Jenquip Platemeters are comparable.
- Reliable — high quality materials and accurate manufacturing ensure reliability and long service life.
- Adjustable — sample counter position can be adjusted to suit individual preferences.