Pasture Management Software:
A user friendly pasture management and feed budgeting computer software package designed specifically to complement the Jenquip Rising Plate Pasture Meters.
Straightforward to understand and use, without the confusing ‘bells and whistles’ of some feed budgeting programs, Jenquip Pasture Management Software is a stand-alone package that can also be used with all forms of pasture measurement, including pasture probes or sward sticks.
Jenquip Pasture Management Software will automatically calculate total pasture cover and total pasture dry matter values from entered pasture measurement readings, and compare these to user-defined target residual values to calculate available pasture cover and available pasture dry matter.
Different equations and formulas can be selected or entered for calculating pasture cover (kg DM/ha), and changed collectively or for individual paddocks.
An endless calendar keeps track of all pasture measurement farm walks entered, making it easy to find previous walks, enter additional data or compare results. Results can be viewed and printed off in four different reports, all available with a single mouse click.
Included is a feed wedge calculation and report, a valuable tool that shows any deficits or surpluses arising in the future. The feed wedge line can be adjusted to assess and evaluate the impact of different feeding strategies.
All reports are permanently stored against the appropriate calendar date for later review.
(Jenquip Pasture Management Software is supplied as standard with each of the Electronic Rising Plate Platemeters and when purchasing the Electronic Counter Kits, or as an optional extra for the Jenquip Manual Platemeter).
Electronic Counter Kits, or as an optional extra for the Jenquip Manual Platemeter).
- Easy-to-use — a basic software package that avoids unnecessary complication and confusion!
- Automatic calculation — of pasture cover and pasture dry matter from pasture measurement readings.
- Allocate equations — to the entire farm or paddock-by-paddock, and enter your own at any time.
- Target residuals — user-defined residual pasture cover can be set separately for each paddock.
- Feed wedge calculation — highlights any upcoming pasture dry matter deficits or surpluses.
- Endless calendar — keeps a record of all measurements, calculations and reports.
- Ready-made reports — make printing off results quick and straightforward.
- Supplied on CD — for use with Windows XP or later versions.
Jenquip Pasture Management Software is simple and straightforward to operate.
- Enter your name and the name of your business
- Enter the name or number of each paddock, along with paddock area in hectares (ha)
- Select the equation (or enter your own) that you wish to use to calculate pasture cover (kg DM/ha)
Note: Pasture cover equations can be changed collectively or for individual paddocks. Example pasture cover formulas for entering into the Pasture Management Software can be found in the handbook or on the Feed Budget Cycle page.
For each paddock measured, enter the start and finish readings from the bottom counter on the Jenquip Manual Platemeter, along with the number of measurements taken shown on the top sample counter. For electronic Rising Plate Pasture Meters or if assessing by eye, simply enter the pasture cover (kg DM/ha).
The Jenquip Pasture Management Software will automatically calculate the total pasture cover (kg DM/ha) and total pasture dry matter (kg DM) for that paddock, along with average and total values for the entire farm.
Target levels can be assigned to each paddock, usually set to match target residual levels of pasture cover after grazing. This allows some paddocks (e.g. young grass) to be grazed lighter than others.
Available pasture cover and available pasture dry matter values are automatically calculated as the difference between measured totals and assigned target residuals.
Results can be viewed and printed off in four different reports. Reports are permanently stored in the program against the appropriate calendar date for later review.
The feed wedge calculation and report is a valuable tool that shows any deficits or surpluses arising in the future. The feed wedge line can be adjusted to assess and evaluate the impact of different feeding strategies.